Looking for a challenge?
Check out the unique journeys for some of our consultants.
- Living the Dream! - One of our top PeopleSoft Consultants, Spencer C, had been supporting a Federal Contract. Spencer wanted to live his dream of driving from coast to coast and enjoying the vastness and diversity of the country. So, he decided to take a sabbatical and check this desire from his bucket list. He bought a van that he could live in during this journey. After an eight month sabbatical during which Spencer managed to live his dream, Spencer got back to the Baltimore area and initiated his job search.
- Helping a Mother Get Back into Recruiting - This is Gail’s journey—a talented consultant who was looking to re-enter the corporate world after taking time to raise her children. During her time away from the corporate workforce she chose to work as an elementary school teacher so her schedule aligned with her children’s life activities. Now that they’ve moved onto high school, she is able to go back to focusing on her career within Human Resources.
- Help Desk to Testing - One of our top help desk specialists working on a large PeopleSoft Financials implementation expressed interest in growing his skills and moving into a more technical role. He was working on advancing his degree and wanted to leverage his new skills on the job. Even though our help desk specialist expressed his desire to transition to a more technical role on the project, the challenge was in justifying the new role to the client, given the fact he had no prior experience with technical analysis and development.
- Consultant to Federal Programs Manager - Mike Conk was in a bind. He needed to add six PeopleSoft consultants to his project within 30 days to meet a payroll implementation deadline. He contacted The Squires Group and all six positions were filled within 30 days, two within one week.
About a year after working with The Squires Group, Mike decided to branch out on his own and start a consulting company. At that time, The Squires Group was searching for a part-time consultant to assist with a proposal response for a federal integrator.
- ERP Testing to Functional Analysis - During one of the Oracle Financials implementation projects, one of our testing specialists was involved in conducting functional and technical testing. On this long term project, the testing specialist picked up a strong understanding of the organization’s business processes. In addition, he also developed a rapport with the business users. Our testing specialist expressed his desire to transition to a functional role. The problem was justifying the new role given the fact he had no prior experience with functional analysis.
- Military to Help Desk Journey - An active US Air Force employee with an appropriate security clearance who had 27 years of service experience and management in the Human Resources function and was looking for career options after retiring from active duty. The challenge was to identify the right career option to help them transition from active duty to a non-military position.
- Hitting the Glass Ceiling to Big Opportunities - For many senior technical professionals, their career growth hits a glass ceiling and the only growth opportunity for them within large consulting firms is to manage larger teams or projects and/ or have revenue generation goals. Some of the senior IT professionals would rather focus their time on solving technical problems. They prefer focusing on their technical strengths rather than expanding their responsibilities in areas where they are not comfortable.
- Traveling Consultant to Local Lifestyle - Technology: PeopleSoft HCM and Oracle EBS Financials Supported in: Functional Experts Technical Experts Trainers Testers Consultant History We have worked with many consultants who have been “road warriors” flying to projects on a weekly basis and are away from home four to five days a week. The Challenge The challenge is to find local, long… Read more »
View All Consultant Journeys