The University of Virginia is transforming the way human resources (HR) services are delivered.
Creating a high‐performing, efficient and integrated HR service model to advance the University’s
Mission is the focus of Ufirst, a strategic design initiative. Through a customer-centric approach, the Ufirst project will:
- Improve HR systems and processes throughout the University
- Produce a seamless and consistent high-quality experience for our customers
- Engage and support HR professionals for continued growth
This large-scale, complex HR transformation began in FY15 and will continue for several years with full implementation expected in FY18.
Ufirst, supported fully by executive leadership, will shape the way HR supports the University of Virginia for years to come.
If you have a passion for excellence, drive to enhance the HR experience and want to be a part of creating a legacy at UVA, apply to join the Ufirst team. CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
- All posted positions are full-time roles (requiring a time commitment of 3 or more days a week)
- The application process is open; we will begin reviewing candidates immediately and will continue until positions are filled
Visit the Ufirst website to learn more about this legacy project and to read our Frequently Asked Questions.
University of Virginia Overview
University of Virginia Statistics:
- #2 Public University ranked by U.S. News & World Report
- More than $311 million in research awards
- Nearly 22,000 graduate and undergraduate students
- Over 15,000 faculty and staff
UVA Health System Statistics:
- #1 Hospital in Virginia ranked by U.S. News & World Report
- Magnet designated hospital
- More than 12,000 team members
- Nearly 1,000,000 patient encounters in 2015
The University of Virginia is a world-class university that includes both an iconic institution of higher education and is one of the leading healthcare providers in the country. The entirety of the enterprise spans hundreds of square miles, includes nearly 30,000 employees (faculty and staff) and has a combined budget totaling over $3B.
The University of Virginia is comprised of an academic teaching and research enterprise, a health system and its associated physicians group. The University consists of over 25,000 students and more than 15,000 faculty and staff. In addition, the Medical Center and University Physicians Group (UPG), collectively, consists of over 12,000 employees.
The University of Virginia revolutionized higher education at the time of its founding—and continues to do so today. As one of the top-ranked universities in the world with a uniquely rich heritage, UVA is widely recognized for its excellence in the liberal arts tradition and the residential student experience, and yet it is also a leading institution of knowledge creation, with professional schools ranked amongst the country’s best and over $300M in sponsored research across the University. Likewise, UVA Medical Center and University Physicians Group are nationally ranked, nearly equal in size to the University’s academic unit and span hundreds of square miles with their reach.
Learn more about the University of Virginia and UVA Health System.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Federal law requires the University to publish an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The document is available on the University’s Clery Act Website http://cleryact.virginia.edu/ and contains information about crime statistics, available resources, and safety policies.