Lime juice and cilantro are the key ingredients to creating this wonderful, healthy salsa you’ll want to make all summer long! It is easy and delicious and we hope it becomes a new favorite salsa recipe for your family.
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, black pepper to taste
- 1 lb jumbo cooked, peeled shrimp, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium hass avocado, diced (about 5 oz)
- 1/2 english cucumber, diced (optional)
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, diced fine
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
- In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeño and (optional) cucumber.
- Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
P.S. Don’t forget to serve with tortilla chips!