Higher Ed University
A Higher Education University was in the process of upgrading its PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) and Financials from version 8.9 to 9.1 in order to better support their core systems operations. Limited product support on PeopleSoft v8.9 made this upgrade project critical for the university to ensure full functionality and security of its systems.
- Accounts Payable (AP)
- Purchasing (PO)
- Accounts Receivable (AR)
- General Ledger (GL)
- Commitment Control (KK)
- Commitment Accounting (CA)
- Project Controls
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Asset Management (AM)
- Base Benefits
- N.A. Payroll
- Talent Management
- Personal Data
- Job Data
- Position Management)
- Learning Management
The organization needed a talent solutions firm with deep qualifications in ERP to assist on this multi-faceted upgrade project. Since the University was using a wide range of modules within PeopleSoft Financials and HCM packages, the University was looking to bring in specialized experts with targeted domain knowledge and upgrade experience.
TSGi was tasked with identifying an experienced consultant that would work in a key support role on the Contracts and Grants module upgrade.
TSGi identified the right consultant with 14 years’ experience as a Functional PeopleSoft expert and with specific knowledge in the Contracts and Grants modules. Our consultant brought experience leading teams on several 9.1 upgrade projects.
TSGi resource worked closely with the Project Functional Lead to ensure all work required was planned, executed and monitored for success. This consultant also had prior experience as a Grants Lead on two university upgrade projects. So, this was a real value add for the team.
Specific tasks performed by our resource included:
- Assists in the design and implementation of the Contracts and Grants capability for the University, and develops Business Process in and around Contracts and Grants and related modules.
- Works closely with the client’s Contracts and Grants team to configure, test and document the workings of the module and how it works with rest of the solution; while transferring knowledge to client staff throughout the project.
- Advises the client on best practices related to PeopleSoft FMS v9.1 Contracts and Grants.
- Participates in the development of test plans and scenarios as it relates to testing Contracts and Grants and related modules, such as AR/ Billing, and document Contracts and Grants configuration; including functional designs for identified customizations as needed.
- Works with HCM and the Campus Solutions teams to help with their upgrade efforts.
As a result of our consultant’s contributions, our client is in the process of final stages of successfully completing its upgrade. Our consultant’s higher education experience and PeopleSoft functional expertise has greatly helped the client streamline its processes and ensure overall functional integrity of the system.
Download this case study