This University was looking to outsource key activities while maintaining control and visibility of their security operations.
- Cisco ASA and PIX Firewalls
- Juniper SRX Firewalls
- Juniper SSL VPN
- Juniper WXC WAN Accelerators
- Checkpoint/Nokia 650s
- Juniper IDP 1100 & 800s
- Cisco IPS & IDS
- Cisco CSS & ACE
- Cisco Nexus 7k, 5k and 5k
- Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4900, 4500 & 3750 Switches
- Cisco 7600, 7200, 3800 & 2800 Series Routers
This University was looking for a unique solution provider who would be tightly integrated with their team and capable of providing an out-tasking approach.
The solution was to provide Security Operations Center (SOC) Level 3 support. This included:
- 24x7x365 dedicated remote support of covered security devices, servers and desktops.
- Provision of a PCI and ISO 27001/27002 compliance reporting, File Integrity Monitoring and USB Drive Monitoring.
- A dedicated on-site engineer.
Deployment of a Security Incident & Event Management (SIEM) tool for correlation of incidents and events, documenting and alerting of critical security threats, attacks and service-impacting issues.
Dave Nodonly, Resource Manager with The Squires Group, met with the hiring managers and security experts to understand the potential threats and comprehend the sophisticated, holistic security strategy proposed. This helped him to identify the right talent and successfully staff the senior security engineer position. This person was placed onsite and had the primary responsibility for supporting this University client’s security effort.
The client has not experienced any major security compromises over the past two years that the security engineer has been supporting this University.
Download this case study