Department of Treasury
The HRConnect system is a heavily customized enterprise web-based HR system, built on a PeopleSoft commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software platform. The goal of HRConnect is to transform core back-office HR functions, moving them from processing-centric paper or legacy systems, to a strategic-centric capability enabled through its commercial software.
HRConnect has many features/functionality that include: Personnel Action Requests (PARs), Mass Actions, Payroll Documents, Payroll Interface, Position Management, Manager Self Service, Employee Self Service, Workflow and Worklists, SF-50’s, Emergency Contacts, Separating Employee Clearance, Financial Disclosure Tracking and Reporting, FAIR Act Reporting, Employee and Labor Relations & Third Party Case Tracking, Continuity Operations Tracking, Attachments, Contingent Workers & Other Persons of Interest and PIV Data Synchronization (PDS).
- PeopleSoft HRIS
- Human Resources Modules
- SQL Query
- Tier 1 Help Desk Training
- PeopleSoft Cloud
- Workforce Analytics
- User Acceptance Testing
Our client, a Federal Agency under the Department of Treasury, had engaged with our prime integration partner to support the users as it relates to the HRConnect system.
Our prime integration partner realized that they need to work with the ERP and HR staffing experts at TSGi to attract several Senior PeopleSoft Analysts and HRIS Specialists to provide ongoing support for Federal Agency HR experts to process HR transactions and provide peak back-up during the year-end processing period.
The Squires Group was founded as an ERP consulting firm—and as such, we’ve built a track record of supporting the staffing needs of many successful ERP implementations. As a result, we’ve established a robust network of ERP experts that are deeply skilled in implementing, maintaining and upgrading complex ERP projects. For this particular effort, our consultants had to possess a strong understanding of Federal HR processes in addition to their PeopleSoft HR expertise.
Because of our deep ERP roots, we were quickly able to identify several PeopleSoft experts with a strong understanding of Federal HR processes in addition to prior Federal experience with PeopleSoft and HR implementations.
Our prime integration partner moved quickly to conduct a round of in-depth interviews. After debriefing with our team, they gave us the green light to add two of our consultants to the team.
Once the agency-specific background check was passed, our consultants hit the ground running. As anticipated, they were quick to pick-up the project scope and quickly made important contributions. Specifically, they were able to resolve a myriad of Tier 2 technical HRIS inquiries that included:
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues with personnel action workflow related to HRIS Manager Self-Service and Human Resources modules.
- Manage positions and reporting relationships in HRIS hierarchy.
- Troubleshoot issues related to employee job code classification and data elements.
- Process mass updates to employee records for re-organizations, pay changes, performances, job code changes and employment ratings.
- Develop and run reports for employee data requests related to human resources and payroll utilizing the HRConnect, Workforce Analytics Data Warehouse and National Finance Center (NFC) reporting tools.
- Manage recurring reports and manipulate data when needed using Excel formulas and SQL queries.
- Develop training materials such as job aids and desktop procedures.
- Train Tier 1 staff on helpdesk procedures and troubleshooting for HRIS systems.
- Maintain base tables such as account codes, locations (duty stations), positions and departments.
- Investigate and correct mismatches in employee records between HRConnect HRIS system and NFC system of record.
- Provide consultative guidance to the personnel action processing team on how to resolve employee record SINQ errors.
- Conduct user acceptance testing on new system updates and defect fixes.
- Maintain personnel action processing approver authority on positions.
- Maintain contractor access security roles and profiles.
- Manage system access requests for the Workforce Analytics system.
- Resolve Tier 2 technical support and system administration tickets related to HRConnect and NFC for 12 Bureaus.
- Provide assistance with the use of new functionality and processes in HRConnect and processing of personnel actions for HR professionals, managers, and employees
- Serve as an expert resource when researching and analyzing reported problems and respond to more complex inquires received from customers processing personnel requests (PARs) through HRC and various systems used for NFC Personnel and Payroll Processing
- Perform UAT testing for Cloud Implementation and HRConnect Fluid Implementation as well as major releases by Treasury
- Create HCUP packages in EPIC to correct employees’ records
- Update roles/permissions for users’ access in HRConnect
- Liaison between Bureaus and Treasury/ NFC for advanced technical support
Our PeopleSoft consultants stood out in their expert guidance and support and their willingness to serve the client. As a result of this success, our prime integration partner continues to lean on us to add additional expert-level Federally experienced PeopleSoft talent to support the project. We were recently able to identify a strong candidate that joined the project as an HRIS QA/ QC Specialist.
Additionally, our prime integration partner named us as a key partner with them to bid on the upcoming re-compete. We are pleased to support them on this important proposal effort so that our team can continue to Build Great SM functionality to the existing implementation.
If you have a similar need for high-level ERP or HR staffing needs, talk to expert recruiting specialists at The Squires Group.