System Integration Firm
A Department of Defense (DoD) prime contractor was awarded a government contract requiring a team to certify and accredit their IT systems.
- Information Assurance
- NIST 800-37
The prime needed to form a team of six analysts in less than two weeks to complete a one year contract. The core responsibilities were to:
- Provide technical and programmatic IA Services to internal and external customers in support of network and information security systems
- Obtain detailed information on customer’s information systems and systems documentation
- Prepare documentation from customer obtained information using accepted guidelines such as FISMA, DIACAP, and NIST SP 800-37
- Prepare draft Security Test and Evaluation plans
- Analyze the DISA STIGs and complete checklists to indicate compliance with the STIGs and/or identifying vulnerabilities and preparing POAMs to remediate
This firm approached Mr. Matt Kilkeary (currently a Senior Resource Manager at The Squires Group) to fill these positions. After extensive negotiations with the prime contractor, a plan was established to first bring on a fully qualified Security Manager with over 15 years of C&A experience. After identifying that resource, Matt worked with her to formulate an intense vetting / interviewing process. This resulted in hiring five exceptionally qualified analysts with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to have an immediate impact on the project.
The project was completed ahead of schedule and additional tasks were awarded.