Our client’s program is part of an overall effort to share critical business and mission- related information with key audiences including: federal, state, and local law enforcement, foreign partners, intelligence, defense, homeland security and the private sector.
- SharePoint 2007/2010/2013
- SharePoint Designer/li>
- Visual Studio
- Agile Methodology
The project was in dire need of a Senior SharePoint Developer that could hit the ground running and lead this development effort to support this critical project. The primary goal is to support the agency’s mission by:
- Maintaining and supporting the agency’s intranet
- Building team sites for the agency’s various offices
- Developing custom applications to support the mission
The development effort primarily uses Microsoft SharePoint and Visual Studio, SharePoint Designer and JQuery. The project also employs an Agile development methodology.
The Squires Group, Inc. was able to identify and deliver the lead developer who was able to focus the team’s efforts on the backend coding effort utilizing Visual Studio and developing custom solutions. Some of the main systems he developed and supported included:
- Facility and Security Division System to track the agency’s facility information.
- SharePoint 2010 master page customizations, which are deployed across all the different project platforms.
- Controlled the correspondence management system to share key agency information to its employees over the intranet.
- Provided training and guidance for “out of the box” solutions.
- Designed and provided demos and walk-through sessions to the agency’s employees during the development process to gather their feedback and make the applications more user friendly to increase adoption.
As a result of the project, the agency’s employees can easily access the intranet to find latest information and conduct their daily business online.
As the agency leverages the Microsoft SharePoint platform, the team can deliver the software and system development services much faster and in a more cost effective way.
As a result of the development and delivery of the Facility and Security Division System, the office of security is able to enter information on more than 200 facilities across the country. This information is now accessible in one place, which helps the agency conduct facility reviews more efficiently and effectively.
“I have been working with The Squires Group for years dating back to 2004 for ERP resources. They are outstanding. They have an amazing ability to provide talent very quickly in many technology areas. They are also very easy to work with on any items requiring attention from a partner management perspective. Honestly, they have been prolific at sourcing across technologies. We’ve used them for WebSphere, DB2, .NET and other spaces. They really have a robust engine and network and they started to dominate some of our staffing needs because they are so responsive.” – Program Manager
Download this case study