Oracle E-Business Suite – Fusion Cloud Based Solution
- General Ledger
- Accounts Receivables
- Social Media
- Fixed Assets
One of the fastest growing retailers on the East Coast recently deployed an ERP
cloud based Oracle Fusion solution. Our client wanted state of the art solution to support its accounting and finance backbone to assist in their fast‐pace organic growth and multiple acquisitions. This new system is responsible for back‐office services, with Financials and Fixed Assets centered on the General Ledger. This is a single Organization, single currency implementation handling several thousand transactions a month.
This firm turned to The Squires Group (TSGI) for experienced resources with the
ability to undertake all tasks in the following functional areas:
- Conversions of Suppliers, Invoices, Journals and Balances for initial seeding
- Implementation of Document Approval hierarchies
- Reconciliation of Statements with Transactions
- Functional and Technical production support
- Analysis and Design of enhancements
- Multi‐dimensional reporting
The main challenge for this project is to meet the requirements of multi‐
dimensional reporting. The firm management challenged the team to produce
the standard financial reports (Profit and Loss, Income Statement, Budget vs.
Actual, etc.) in the most flexible way possible, and in a manner that offers
consistency across the reports even when run at different times.
The Squires Group team delivered a solution to the challenge by implementing
extracts out of Oracle Fusion into multi‐dimensional database EssBase, with a
focus on pre‐defined General Ledger hierarchies. Once properly configured with
EssBase Studio, the scheduled extracts provided the baseline data necessary for
the various reports.
For reporting, the team provided a solution based on EssBase SmartView. The
required flexibility and consistency were direct by‐products of using the EssBase
In addition to this reporting solution, The Squires Group team also supported:
- The set-up of various tools such as the ADF desktop integrator, Financial Reporting Studio (FRS), and Smart view.
- Configured entire Fusion financials accounting configurations, ledgers, legal entities, currency, chart of accounts (COA), accounting hierarchies, created and modified trees and tree versions, publishing trees to Essbase Cube.
- Implemented Fusion financials using Fusion functional setup manager, accessing setup and maintenance, navigator and setup all tasks related to the financial offerings, implemented descriptive flex fields and COA structures and COA instances, value sets values, COA maintenance, implemented business units.
- Performed loading conversion data using external data integration functionality by populating spreadsheet templates, loaded suppliers, payables invoices, journals, budgets, cash management external transactions, COA values and hierarchy, code combinations etc.
- Worked on setting up privileges and Fusion security features.
- Implemented Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence (OTBI), for multiple subject areas, various BI tools, and BI catalog.
- Implemented cash management set up parse rules, loaded BAI2 files, reconciled bank statements and transactions, loaded external transactions and reconciled, set-up tolerance and matching rules, and created bank accounts.
- Implemented Invoice configurations, payables configurations, options, 1099 in AP, auto approval rules, scanning invoice imaging functionality in AP applications, Assets, SLA methods, journal rule sets, accounting options, intercompany and ledger Balancing options.
TSGI consultants have consistently delivered solutions on this Oracle Fusion project, from pre‐implementation conversion steps through post‐production support and reporting enhancements on the live system. This implementation was critical for the CFO as it ensured ongoing successful support to the company’s rapid growth.